Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Our Little Frogstompers All Grows Up

In clearing out my too-full inbox today, something caught my eye. Simply, the word 'Silverchair.' Below said word was a photo of 3 unrecognizable guys in a very traditional, unoriginal band promo photo configuration. You know the one ~ singer in the front, lookin all tough, and the two other musicians staggered behind him, peeking out from either side ~ same tough looks on their faces.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



How crazy is it that those are the same guys that used to look like this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



??!!!????!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Those sweet lil boys went from this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



To this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



It's mind-bottling, as Will Ferrell would say. I remember when these guys were in their hay day. They played a sold out show at the Seattle Center Coliseum and my friends opened. I stood right there on the stage with them, behind the amps ~ tucked way over to the side ~ rockin out to their insanely simple, catchy tunes while being amazed by how much everyone in the crowd loved every single note they played. T'was a fun show.... Afterward we decided to go have drinks at the Nitelite and invited the Silverchair boys but they weren't allowed to go with us for two reasons:
1) They weren't 21.
2) Their parents were chaperoning them on the entire tour!
And I don't mean that one mom was there. Nope. ALL their moms were on tour with them! So funny! Here they were living out the rock star dream and they couldn't indulge in any of the excesses!

Aw well, it looks like time and some hard living caught up with them. Gone are the innocent 'I'm-trying-to-look-tough-and-grown-up' appearances, replaced by bruises and crazy facial hair. While I might be slightly repulsed by their new look, I must say that I'm also intrigued and curious about what they're like now. Curious enough to pay to see them play? Prolly not..... But we'll see. ;)

No comments: