Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Did May come early?

I wrote the "Blue skies" post early this morning at 2 am when I couldn't sleep. An hour or so later I feel asleep reciting, "April showers bring May flowers." Interestingly enough, I got an email from my sister today saying that Gertrude bought me flowers and my sister delivered them to my apartment and put them in water for me. Gertrude, sweet Gertrude, bought ME flowers ~ completely out of the blue. That, in and of itself, was so kind and thoughtful that I was moved. The part that was even more amazing: she bought me Gerber(a) Daisies, which are my FAVORITE flowers! She and I have never talked about flowers but this somewhat random 82 year old woman hobbled to the store, decided to buy me flowers and ended up choosing the exact ones that I would have bought myself.

I've only met Gertrude once ~ a month ago. A few days ago she called my mom and told her that she had been thinking a lot about me since we met and wanted to say that there's something special about me that has been drawing her toward me ~ almost magnetically. I'm not trying to sound all hokey, but she did say some pretty deep things to my mom about me, which made us both look quizically at one another. Truly, she and I didn't even talk very much, rather we just sat by one another and enjoyed each other's presence.

The world is an interesting place and I've found that it pays attention when you pause and..... what's the word I'm looking for here? Focus? Connect? Appreciate? Relax? I'm not sure exactly, but I have noticed that presidential style parking spaces and taxi cabs magically appear whenever I've been in need lately......

No comments: