Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blue skies, nothin but blue skies

Today turned out to be an amazing day. I learned that ugly, gray clouds pass by as quickly as they arrived, returning the beautiful, clear, blue sky and the sun shining down on me. And you know what else? That gray cloud passed by on its own ~ without any help from me. So why should a gray cloud ever get me down? It's out of my control and will quickly be gone. I feel the sunshine already!

I also learned that sometimes the annoying piece of sand rubbing against me, pissing me off and filling me with frustration can actually be thanked, because that annoyance will become a pearl that I'll have forever.

The saying goes: April showers bring May flowers. You have to weather the storm to make it through to the other side, and only then are you able to look back and see how far you've come and what horrors you've survived, but guess what? You survived and you're that much more strong, which is the beauty of storms. You've experienced more life and are richer with knowledge. Today I was also reminded that patience is a virtue ~ good things come to those who wait.

Life is beautiful and I'm thankful for today.

No comments: